A social media marketing strategy most appropriate to your site niche, significantly increases focused site visitors visiting your site. Focused site visitors come almost ready to buy, which equates to an increase in website income.
Hence the question:
What prevents about 90% of site owners, defining, executing and monitoring a social media marketing strategy – that works?
Perhaps it’s the lack of:
- Knowing what marketing techniques work when leveraging a specific social media channel
- Time needed to define/execute/monitor the social media marketing strategy
- Knowing which social media tactics are critical for the site
And so on.
To address these issues here are seven social media marketing tips that work really well on the top social networks today.
Each tip is focusses specifically on boosting engagement, which takes your social media interaction, traffic and shares, from what’s the heck is happening to superb.
Here are 7 Tips:
1. Facebook Questions
Have you noticed a terrible decline in Facebook engagement? Ah Well! You have? You are not alone.
Everyone seems to be making a noise over the terrible loss of organic Facebook reach. Facebook has reduced organic reach by epic proportions. This is to drive Facebook advertising income into the stratosphere.
What’s become exceedingly difficult today, is getting Facebook fans engaged with the contents of your Facebook page.
Wouldn’t it be terrific if you can generate enough interaction to constantly show up in the newsfeed of your ideal audience?
You can do this through the power of – questions?
Statistics delivered by KISSmetrics reveal that posts that include questions receive 100% more comments that posts that do not.
For seasoned marketers this is a given, but perhaps you could be missing out on a powerful opportunity if you are not implementing this simple, effective technique that drives engagement.
Buddy Media did a study that showed that showed where you place the question makes all the difference.
Apparently, by placing the question at the end of a post
- The interaction rate can increase by as much as 15%
- Comment rates double when compared to a question added to the start or in the middle of a post
While this information may be a bit dated, using a question at the end of a post definitely increases engagement, even today.
Try this out with your own Facebook post. Place attention grabbing questions at the end of your posts, then track the difference this makes in engagement.
2. Twitter Characters
I’m sure you’ve crafted the perfect tweet, published it, only to find, zero engagement, zero interaction, zero retweets.
You’ve used up every single character permitted in a tweet. That leaves no room for sharing.
You may instinctively feel that your tweets must consume all the 140 characters permitted by Twitter, to deliver maximum value to the reader. You would be wrong.
Statistics checked and analyzed by Buffer and SumAll indicate that the optimal tweet in between 71 and 100 characters.
Apparently, tweets under 100 characters receive 17% higher engagement than tweets that are larger than 100 characters.
Keep this in mind when you craft your tweets. Don’t overlook your Twitter handle either. @ivanbayross – eats up 11 characters before tweet content can even start.
3. Google Plus Flexibility
Too many businesses ignore Google Plus. Google Plus has a huge, active, audience. It is definitely a social media channel that must not be ignored.
Unlike Twitter, Google Plus has no restrictions on content length. It’s not difficult to boost your post engagement on Google Plus either. This definitely goes a long way in establishing your credibility.
Google Plus is the only social network that allows the formatting of post content. This is another way to make your post content stand out, be a ton more readable and get a lot more shares.
If you don’t know how to format your content in Google Plus here is a cheat sheet that will help you out. Formatting Google Plus posts cheat sheet. Give Google Plus post formatting a go and watch this improve your engagement and interaction.
[bctt tweet=”7 Social Media Marketing Tips That Boost Engagement”]
4. Pinterest Sharing Secrets
Pinterest has an estimated 70 million users, hence it’s a social channel that cannot be overlooked when you are seeking engagement and interaction with your content. Today, Pinterest is the second largest social network that refers traffic to sites.
Hence, it’s definitely worth having an active Pinterest account, especially if you are into Ecommerce or a local business looking to sell products or services.
Statistics show that Pinterest pins which include price tags earn 36% more likes than those without. Hence, Pinterest has the potential to convert the people reading your pins into buyers.
Take advantage of all that Pinterest has to offer with a few secrets from Ripen Ecommerce.
5. Instagram Hashtag Strategy
Hashtags are vital to being successful on Instagram. You must ensure that your Instagram marketing strategy includes relevant and appropriate hashtags.
Hashtags place your content in front of people who are actively searching for such content on Instagram.
Here’s how to find hashtags that work for you?
- Research and document the search terms or phrases people use when they seek out information about your company, industry, niche, products and/or services in Google (i.e. search engines).
- Go to Instagram. Add a # just before these search terms or phrases then place these into Instagram search. For example, if I was looking for people posting about social media, I’d add #socialmedia into Instagram search.
- Take a look at the number of posts that search yields. Are there an abundance of posts? Will it be difficult to capture your audience’s attention? You need to find a hashtag that’s active, but not overly active.
- Look at the related hashtags that Instagram offers when the search is run. Look at the number of posts found in each one and determine which hashtags will be most effective in getting your message out in front of the audience you want.
Two great hashtag tools:
- Tagboard– Tagboard searches multiple social networks and displays the most popular content within that topic. Search for any hashtag and quickly interact with those actively posting content with that tag.
- Tags for Likes – This is an app available for iPhone and Android that takes the guesswork out of popular hashtags.
6. YouTube Viral Magic
Video marketing has huge potential for building your online presence.
When engaging videos are created and released on YouTube they can generate a tremendous amount of awareness and engagement within your target audience. Videos definitely add a layer of authenticity to any business. Your target audience sees and hears you in a video.
There is a huge audience that might not be interested in reading your Blog post but they will happily watch your video based on your Blog post.
Using videos to drive your business upwards and outwards is only limited by how creative you are.
A few video ideas:
- Share your latest company news.
- Give details around a product or service release.
- Break down a popular blog post and. Offer additional commentary around specific tips.
- Offer insights into your local market or industry. Give your viewers the chance to make an educated decision. They will remember and love you for this.
- Know your topic intimately. Create a script before creating your video. Create the script with your audience in focus. Identify the most compelling attributes of your products / services which will resonate with your viewers. Focus on giving them a reason to come back for more.
An effective approach is to create videos using Google Hangouts, which streams this live to YouTube. Then promote this video across all your social channels.
7. LinkedIn Connections
LinkedIn is a terrific social channel to expand your business through strategic partnerships.
Logging in to LinkedIn daily and connecting with like-minded business professionals is a terrific way to increase awareness of your company, product(s) or service(s).
Like all other social networks building relationships on LinkedIn take time. Hence, ensure that you reach out to a handful of people every day, five days a week.
- Go to LinkedIn contacts
- Just below your connections is an opportunity to connect with those celebrating something special. It might be a new job or a birthday. Whatever the case, it’s your chance to touch base and share in their celebration.
- Click the “Say Congrats” button just below their name and send then a special message.
Set aside a few minutes daily to review your contacts to make meaningful connections that open the door to further communication.
Keep in mind that whatever tactic works for you today may not work tomorrow. Social media marketing is a living thing, which is changing constantly.
Keep watching the site visitor statistics, delivered by your Google Analytics account, to ensure that the tactic you’ve adopted is delivering what you want. Do not hesitate to tweak the tactic being used if it does not
Evaluate, adjust, and change to new and innovative social media engagement strategies.
Keep a sharp eye on your audience, offer them what they want, when they want it.
Please Leave Your Comments They Are A Huge Help
What are the social media marketing tactics you use today, that ensures you stay engaged with your audience? Do share this in the comments section below. My Blog visitors and I will be ever so grateful when you do.
If you liked this Blog post, I’d love to read your comments. If you thought that this Blog post was not up to your expectations, I’d love to read your comments.
It’s your comments that helps me get better each day. Please pass on your bouquets or brickbats in the comments section right below.
Will YOU Join Our Community?
Get a 15 page [PDF] Social Media Marketing checklist FREE.
It will be the only Social Media Marketing checklist you'll ever need.
You ready? Please share:
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.