Article Content Must Inspire, Inform, Entertain
Small to medium businesses ( and nonprofit organizations ) try their level best to deliver products and/or services which would help / add value to people.
These products or services generally attempt to:
- Provide a specific solution to an issue
- Offer inspiration, motivation to the reader
- Create an awareness about a social concern
- Must entertain and inform the reader
When crafting any article:
- Begin with what you know
- Offer simple, sensible, intelligent advice
- Offer solutions learned from your life experiences
- Expound and teach
- Research similar article content a little bit prior writing the actual article
Article marketing is definitely a process:
- That takes the author’s wisdom to the Internet audience
- Providing acceptable answers to questions
- Especially when a site visitor really wants answers
Sharply Focus Your Article Topics
- What domain have you specialized in?
- What do you know a lot about?
- What is the core focus of your website?
The goal of article marketing is to grow the number of back links from within article content ( or the article’s signature ) back to the authors website. ( i.e. links that point back to your website from another website ).
To achieve this one needs to place a lot of well written, well researched articles out in the Internet on Blogs, Article publishing directories and various social media websites.
Google and other search engines see these links leading into your website as proof that you must be something of an authority or a thought leader.
On the Internet, you are somebody important if other people say you are. i.e. The back links to your website indicate that others think you are someone important.
Write The Article
Before you can fulfill the goal of gaining back links to your website from article publishing sites you have to have an article to publish. Hence, knuckle down and write the article.
Writing the article is work, but the rewards are normally great when you notice the jump in focussed traffic streaming to your website.
Ensure that you do not do the following:
- Let ghost writers to consistently craft articles for you
- This can result in considerable loss of credibility and reputation if/when this is discovered
- Enter into a discussion with a site visitor on a topic you have very little knowledge off
- Copy someone else’s article and try and pass that off as yours
One of the greatest things about article writing is the fact that an asset is being built when you write. What you are doing is crafting reproducible and shareable knowledge block.
To write an article, need not have a Phd in a topic. You should simply know how to write complete sensible English sentences to express your thoughts, and use spell check to correct any typing bloopers.
Here’s a simple work flow that could help:
- Know what you want to share in article. Being clear on this will help keep you on track as you craft your article’s introduction, body and conclusion.
- To understand what kind of English sentence structure to use, just pretend you are talking to a friend about the contents of the article. This will give you a direction on what to say in your article?
- Finally, use spell check and proofread very carefully. Read the article aloud to test for smooth English sentence construction and phrasing. Identify out all typos, grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes. If missed, these can reduce article content to a laugh.
Your Identity Section Of Any Article
Always remember the – Your Identity – section of your article. This section is the ending paragraph in any article. This section gives the reader some important information about you and how to get in touch. This paragraph should always include a link back to your website.
It’s pretty important that the article readers can find / get in touch with you when they want to. They see you as an authority and this often results in business.
Do Remember: In the – Your Identity – section of an article, it’s not mandatory to link back to your homepage. It’s probably more interesting to your reader to link to a page on your website most closely related to the article’s topic.
This helps move a reader from the article directly to more information of interest. For example, if a web design company offers Joomla template customization, the article “How to pick the best, free Joomla template” could link back to the page on their website that displays information on their Joomla customization services and their free Joomla templates. This page also indicates that premium templates are available.
Launch The Article
- Now that you have produced a nice useful article, set it free.
- Place it on your blog ( if you have one and if it fits appropriately ).
- Share it with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and your other social media outlets.
You can post it manually or use tools like PingFM to automate this process
If you liked this Blog post, I’d love to read your comments. If you thought that this Blog post was not up to your expectations, I’d love to read your comments.